No Code Deployment
OP Stack Ecosystem
An overview of the Projects in the OP Stack ecosystem.
Optimism Bedrock is the current iteration of the OP Stack. The Bedrock release provides the tools for launching a production-quality Optimistic Rollup blockchain.
The OP Stack of today was built to support the Optimism Superchain, a proposed network of L2s that share security, communication layers, and a common development stack (the OP Stack itself).
It is possible to modify components of the OP Stack to build novel L2 systems. If you're interested in experimenting with the OP Stack, check out the OP Stack Hacks.
- Attestation Proof (existing) Fault proofs do not meaningfully improve the security of a system if that system can be upgraded within the 7 day challenge window (”fast upgrade keys”). A system with fast upgrade keys, such as Optimism, is fully dependent on the upgrade keys for security.
- Fault Proof (developing)
- Validity Proof (planned)
- On chain Ethereum DA
- Fast Upgrade Keys - Anonymous Multisig Manage
- Single Sequencer (existing)
- Censorship Resistance Users can force any transaction: Allows the users to circumvent censorship by interacting with the smart contract directly.
- Sequencer Failure: Transact using Layer1 If the primary sequencer goes down, the user is able to submit a transaction through Layer1 and force its inclusion on Layer2.
- PoA Sequencer (planned)
- Ethereum VM
- Baseline Decentralization
- Permissionless Output
- Bridge Decentralization
- Cannon Fault Proof
- Cannon Fault Proof Program Implementing a fault proof program that executes the L2 state transition so that outputs can be program matically verified on L1 is a precursor to full fault proof activation.
- Cannon Fault Proof VM Making it possible to execute the fault proof program on L1 is another precursor to full fault proof activation.
- Dispute Game Integration This step would enable Cannon to prove faults on L1. With this milestone, Optimism will be fully fault provable. Once additional fault proof implementations are ready, the attestor network can be phased out.
Create Proofers Network: Withdraw assets from L2 to L1 permissionlessly.
Create Security Council: Upgradeability: Least 7 days delay.